Your oral hygiene at home is key to keeping your mouth healthy. While there are many preventive treatments available at our office, nothing can replace a good at home oral care routine. As your oral and overall health are closely linked, the condition of your teeth, gums, and other oral structures can have a powerful impact on your general health.
Here are a few guidelines on ways that you can keep your mouth healthy and free from damaging dental conditions:
- Brush at least twice each day. It is especially important that you brush before going to sleep at night. We recommend that you use an ADA-approved fluoridated toothpaste and a soft-bristled toothbrush. You may also want to consider using an electric toothbrush.
- Floss daily. Flossing removes plaque and food debris from between your teeth, an area where your toothbrush cannot reach. This helps prevent tooth decay and periodontal disease.
- Schedule and keep your regular dental visits. You should visit your dentist at least twice each year.
- If you notice any changes in your mouth or in your oral health, tell our Dentist about it at your appointment.
- Avoid smoking or chewing tobacco.
- Manage dry mouth or other ongoing dental conditions.
We welcome you to contact Landry Family and Orthodontic Dentistry at +1 870-475-2573 if you have questions about oral hygiene in Lepanto, AR. Dr. Cynthia A. Landry and our team are here to act as resources, and we will happily provide you with additional information and help you schedule an appointment at our office. We are dedicated to helping each patient we meet improve and maintain good oral health for life.
PREVENTATIVE DENTISTRY SERVICES
|Monday – Friday||8:00 – 5:00|